Cat Anderson Property
Quincy Farm, owned by Catherine “Cat” Anderson, has a long and interesting history. The original farmhouse on this property, which was once a dairy farm, was built in 1898 by the Hopkins family and is now on the national register of historic places. The house is the oldest and most intact farm house remaining in Cherry Hills Village. In 2007, Cat Anderson placed a conservation easement on her entire property, thereby preserving its scenic, historic and natural value for all of time. Cat and her family have owned the 17.5 acres site since 1961 when Quincy Ave. was just a dirt road. It contains two homes, a garage, a farm house, a baby barn and a big barn. The big barn is a large craftsman style built in 1934 when Myron Blackmer owned the property. It sits on the southeast side of the property. The 1 1/2 story tall barn has a gabled roof with wide overhanging eaves and exposed rafters with large knee braces. The tack room was originally used as an apartment for farm help.
Today, the tack room is filled with an impressive collection of saddles, bridles, cups and ribbons — all from the days when the Big Barn was home to the Cherry Creek Pony Club, where Cat shared her passion for horses and trained many young Villagers how to ride and care for their animals.