Thank you for making 2018 one of our best years yet!
Thank you so much for your support of CHLP and our work to preserve The Village’s natural open lands, ensuring that their beauty and wonder will remain for residents to enjoy far into the future.
Looking back on our accomplishments in 2018, we know that none would have been possible without your continued support. Just a few of the highlights include:
- Kids in the Creek launch – We created our official kid-focused program, encouraging kids to get outside and explore the Village’s natural open spaces, connecting families to the outdoors, and inspiring passion and volunteerism to protect Colorado’s natural beauty.
- 9th Annual Barn Party – This year, over 400 people attended this marquee event, celebrating our community and its unique rural character. It included a spectacular art auction supporting both local artists and CHLP.
- 2nd Annual Trail Walk – This event grew to include over 250 families! 14 partner organizations also joined to share their approaches to land and wildlife conservation.
- Colorado Open Lands Informative Event – In May, we hosted an event with this amazing state organization to share insights on the role of private conservation easements in Colorado.
- Local Partner Collaborations – We made great strides in aligning with other local organizations that share our goals. We worked with the City of Cherry Hills Village in support of their development of Quincy Farm as a community asset. We donated to City Parks & Trails to support natural landscaping at the new John Meade Park, as well t-shirts for their wonderful Trail Passport Program. And we supported the High Line Canal Conservancy with a donation for education signage on the High Line Canal Trail and their kid’s education programs. All of our partners also participated in the Trail Walk, our fall education event.
We hope you’ll consider a year-end donation and becoming a member of CHLP in 2019. We can’t thank you enough!