Check out what we’ve been up to lately, and join your friends and neighbors as we celebrate our shared love of open space through special events!
Stay tuned for upcoming events in 2020!
*By attending Cherry Hills Land Preserve events, you acknowledge and allow that Cherry Hills Land Preserve may use photos from the event on its website and/or in its other communications materials.
- Denver Urban Christmas Bird Count: New Year’s Day brought Barb Masoner of Denver Audubon to CHV for an annual bird count. Attendees spotted 26 species and a total of 645 individual birds; CHLP provided a tasty warm-up lunch and CHV provided the venue at Quincy Farm. Date: Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
- October Bird Walk: On October 12, Quincy Farm hosted a nature trail walk and Bird Watch. Volunteers from Denver Audubon led the trail walk through the conservation easement… Date: October 12, 2019.
- Stargazing at Quincy Farm: The City of Cherry Hills Village and the Cherry Hills Land Preserve partnered for this fun evening of observing and learning about the many stars in our solar system and beyond at the beautiful, historic Quincy Farm. Date: Friday, October 4, 2019.
- 2019 Barn Party, Presented by MidFirst Bank and LIV Sotheby’s International Realty, and Family Trail Walk: The Cherry Hills Land Preserve’s fundraising weekend featuring the Barn Party and Art Auction on Saturday, September 15, and the Trail Walk on Sunday, September 16. Attended the event and want some photos? Click here!
- Kids in the Creek July Event at Woodie Hollow Park Host: Audubon Society of Greater Denver Location: Woodie Hollow Park Date: Saturday, July 20 Time: 9am – 11 am
- The Lakota Ride. An amazing cultural event stopping in Cherry Hills Village – Sunday, July 14! Location: John Meade Park Date: SUNDAY, July 14 Time: 4pm (estimated arrival of riders) Every year, a community of indigenous Lakota people set off on an over 400 mile horseback journey from Sedalia, Colorado to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. The Lakota Ride’s purpose is to promote cultural exchange while raising much-needed funds for those living on the reservation.To learn more about the Lakota Ride and how you can get involved, CLICK HERE!
- Sign up now for our Beginning Birding Event! Host: Audubon Society of Greater Denver Location: Three Pond Park Date: Wednesday, June 5 Time: 8am – 10 am Denver Audubon will be hosting the perfect way for Village residents of all ages to try their hand at bird spotting – right in our own backyard. The event is limited to 25 attendees – so we encourage you to sign up soon!
- Pick up your 2019 Kids in the Creek Field Guide! Location: High Line Canal (Visit our table just south of Quincy Road.)Date: Saturday, May 25, 9am-noon and Sunday, May 26, 10am-noon Time: 9am – noon. Looking for something to keep the kids occupied this summer – out in nature instead of parked in front of a screen? CHLP has taken over the incredibly successful Trail Passport Program created by the City of Cherry Hills Village last year. And it’s the perfect way to get out and explore
- 2019 Spring Speaker Series & Social -Date: Wednesday, April 17th Topic: Preserving the Green We Love: Urban Water Challenges in a Changing ClimatePlease join your neighbors for cocktails, light appetizers, and a panel discussion with the following notable experts: Honorable Gregg Hobbs, Former Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court and water law expert; Harriet LaMair, Executive Director of the High Line Canal Conservancy; Jeff Lukas, Research Integration Specialist in Western Water Assessment at the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences at CU Boulder.
- 2018 Barn Party – Saturday, September 15, 2018 – We are welcoming back your favorite artists, vendors, a signature cocktail, great food and music, and all our good neighbors to the 8th annual installment! It will kickoff at 6:30 p.m. at the beautiful Rady Barn. [Learn More…]
- 2018 Trail Walk and Country Fair – Sunday, September 16, 2018 – Join us for this family event from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. as we explore one of the Village’s picturesque trails. Learn about birds, bees, local habitat, native plants, and more along this half-mile loop. Afterwards, enjoy a pizza picnic lunch, pony rides, a petting zoo, paddle boats, and more at the beautiful Rady Barn. It will be a great family day in the community! [Learn More…]
- 2018 Conversations about Conservation – May 8, 2018 – Join us from 5:30 -7:30 for “Colorado Open Lands: Private Land Conservation in Colorado” We welcome Tony Caligiuri, President and CEO of Colorado Open Lands, to talk with us about the importance of private land conservation, how it fits with public land management, and its impact on our economy and culture. [Learn More…]
- Plants, Pollinators, and Practices – April 22, 2018 – Join us from 4:00 – 5:30 for “Planting with a Purpose for Pollinators” We welcome our very own Lucinda Green, Assistant Horticulturist Colorado Master Gardenersm Program Coordinator. Lucinda will discuss the presence of pollinators, their role in the ecosystem, and why it’s important to plant for pollinators. [Learn More…]