Check out what we’ve been up to lately, and join your friends and neighbors as we celebrate our shared love of open space through special events!
Beginning Birding Walk Event
Host: Denver Audubon Society
Location: Three Pond Park
Date: Wednesday, June 5
Time: 8am – 10 am
The Denver Audubon Society will be hosting the perfect way for Village residents of all ages to try their hand at bird spotting – right in our own backyard. Mark your calendars and join us! Watch for registration information here soon.
Kids in the Creek Event at Woodie Hollow Park
Host: Denver Audubon Society
Location: Woodie Hollow Park
Date: Saturday, July 20
Time: 9am – 11 am
Join the Cherry Hills Land Preserve and the Denver Audubon Society for the perfect way to get your kids outside exploring! Mark your calendars and join us! Watch for registration information here soon.
2019 Barn Party and Family Trail Walk
9th Annual Barn Party: Saturday, September 14
3rd Annual Family Trail Walk: Sunday, September 15
It’s the must-attend weekend in Cherry Hills Village!
First, on Saturday night, join your neighbors for our 9th Annual Barn Party, including food, drinks, live music, local artists, and loads of fun. Don’t miss this chance to enjoy what’s widely described as the “Best Party in Cherry Hills Village”!
The next day, bring your whole family and get outside at our 3rd Annual Family Trail Walk, exploring our open spaces and learning from local conservation organizations along the way.
Held on an exclusive estate that is only open twice a year for parties, these two popular events bring residents from across Cherry Hills Village for a chance to get to know their neighbors while supporting the mission of The Cherry Hills Land Preserve: protecting open lands through leadership, stewardship, education and advocacy.
Please reach out if you’re interested in volunteering for either of these events! firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019 Spring Speaker Series & Social -Date: Wednesday, April 17th Topic: Preserving the Green We Love: Urban Water Challenges in a Changing ClimatePlease join your neighbors for cocktails, light appetizers, and a panel discussion with the following notable experts: Honorable Gregg Hobbs, Former Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court and water law expert; Harriet LaMair, Executive Director of the High Line Canal Conservancy; Jeff Lukas, Research Integration Specialist in Western Water Assessment at the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences at CU Boulder.
- 2018 Barn Party – Saturday, September 15, 2018 – We are welcoming back your favorite artists, vendors, a signature cocktail, great food and music, and all our good neighbors to the 8th annual installment! It will kickoff at 6:30 p.m. at the beautiful Rady Barn. [Learn More…]
- 2018 Trail Walk and Country Fair – Sunday, September 16, 2018 – Join us for this family event from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. as we explore one of the Village’s picturesque trails. Learn about birds, bees, local habitat, native plants, and more along this half-mile loop. Afterwards, enjoy a pizza picnic lunch, pony rides, a petting zoo, paddle boats, and more at the beautiful Rady Barn. It will be a great family day in the community! [Learn More…]
- 2018 Conversations about Conservation – May 8, 2018 – Join us from 5:30 -7:30 for “Colorado Open Lands: Private Land Conservation in Colorado” We welcome Tony Caligiuri, President and CEO of Colorado Open Lands, to talk with us about the importance of private land conservation, how it fits with public land management, and its impact on our economy and culture. [Learn More…]
- Plants, Pollinators, and Practices – April 22, 2018 – Join us from 4:00 – 5:30 for “Planting with a Purpose for Pollinators” We welcome our very own Lucinda Green, Assistant Horticulturist Colorado Master Gardenersm Program Coordinator. Lucinda will discuss the presence of pollinators, their role in the ecosystem, and why it’s important to plant for pollinators. [Learn More…]